Syria

The YouTube Revolution: Sorting Truth from Fiction in Syria

It has been said that CNN first achieved international prominence during Gulf War I, and that Al-Jazeera captured the attention of the West during Gulf War II. Is it too early to suggest that YouTube be crowned the leading news source for the Syrian revolution?

Dip into my Twitter feed at any given moment, and you’re bound to see half a dozen links for the latest videos out of Syria. A generic formalism has set in for these videos. They’re typically shot on a camera phone by a young Syrian male who begins by announcing the date and place of the video. We see scenes of bullet-scarred buildings, maybe a dead body. Sometimes, the videos are filmed during a battle scene: little puffs of concrete dust drift gently to the ground from a building or mosque that is allegedly under attack by machine-gun wielding troops or rebels. The violence is usually telegraphed: its perpetrators are invisible snipers or artillery commanders, improvised explosive devices and insurgents. We see the effects, hardly ever the crimes themselves.

I have watched a lot of these videos, more than I like to think about. Some are obvious fakes, created by cutting and splicing footage and audio from other sources. Others seem real enough but are lacking in information: Who destroyed that building? Who killed that person? Who injured that child? Who fired that rocket?

The net effect of all these fragmented shards of documentary evidence is that one approaches each new video with a higher store of cynicism. Take the latest clip that has everyone talking: an “exposé” of Danny Abdul Dayem, the most famous spokesman of the Syrian revolution in Homs. Danny has been interviewed on CNN, BBC, and other Western outlets several times, describing the atrocities of the Syrian Army and its relentless bombardment of civilian areas.

The Syrian TV station Addounia somehow got its hands on some footage of Danny standing around, waiting to speak to CNN’s Anderson Cooper on a cell phone. The annotations of the video by the pro-regime station claim to show that Danny ordered someone off screen to prepare the sound of gunfire (so as to dupe the good listeners at home into thinking he was in a war zone). At some point, he complains that his fingers are freezing and jokes darkly that someone go get him a mattress to sit on. When he eventually gets on the phone with Anderson, he says that the army has been bombing for hours, but we know that this is untrue, because we recently saw him ask for a mattress.

Here again, one detects the traces of editorial shake-and-bake. The subtitles are not quite right: he does not say, for example: “Khalas, khalli al-jift ma3naataa” (which the editors say means “Let the gunfire sound then”), but rather something else closer to “Khalas, fell al-jidd ma3naataa” (translation: “Ok, so that means that the grandfather left…” which could refer to someone’s family member leaving Homs). Even if he did say what the editors say he said, then the translation is still dubious; the phrase would more likely mean something like: “Fine, leave (or keep) the rifle, then.”

Later on, when the subtitles read “I’m waiting at the moment,” what he actually says to someone off-screen is: “Your grandmother is calling. She’s on call waiting, man.” And a bit little later, when Danny supposedly orders someone to “prepare the gunfire” and start shooting, this is followed by the sound of an explosion. But why? He wasn’t on the phone with CNN at that moment, nor does the video contain the sound of gunfire in the background when he does speak to Anderson. So why would he have ordered someone to make some noise before he even got on the phone?

You see how this can quickly feel like a wild goose chase. Without any news agencies in Homs reporting what they see and keeping each other honest, we have to rely on the pseudo-consensus of YouTube videos and social networking (what I like to call tawaatur Twitter) for our information. What’s remarkable to me is just how quickly this phenomenon has ramped up and become so sophisticated, and also so democractic, for lack of a better term.

Would like to say more, but my dissertation is beckoning. As you were…

40 thoughts on “The YouTube Revolution: Sorting Truth from Fiction in Syria

1. I digress but it is worth nting that Elias shadow is growing by the moment. Good stuff. From today’s Now Lebanon:

“Elias Muhanna, academic and author of Qifa Nabki blog: I think there are two reasons for the side-lining of the STL. Most obviously, there’s the situation in Syria, which is so much more immediate and has the potential to impact Lebanon in a far more dramatic way than the STL. There’s also the simple fact that nothing has really come out of Leidschendam in several months besides the odd press release about procedural developments – defense counsel being sworn in, changes to evidentiary standards, and the like. Not very newsworthy. Once the trial starts and the public gets a look at the evidence that’s actually on the table, there will be a revival of interest, I’m sure. But it could still take back seat to the crisis in Syria”

To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=372862#ixzz1oMmjJYuv

Posted by danny | March 6, 2012, 3:27 pm
  2. That elements of the Syrian opposition are lying isn’t surprising and yet the “Axis of resistance” had no problem when their Iraqi allies were pumping up the fake WMD’s issue with Hezbollah inviting Chalabi and co to Beirut.

Posted by M. Hadeed | March 6, 2012, 5:50 pm
  3. Good article… As you said it, if they have allowed reporters in, then at least legit videos would be shown.

Funny enough, right now every Assad’s regime supporter is happy about this find. They have forgotten how many fake videos done by “shabbiha” are out there.

Those ppl think just because the above videos are fake, that means Assad and his thugs are right in what they do.

Posted by LebanesePatriot | March 6, 2012, 7:13 pm
  4. QN/mo/Gabriel/…..
    With all due respect to each and every single one of you; I really mean it since words are important to me; I do understand the fascination of solving the puzzle so to speak about the YouTubes coming out of Syria but from where I am standing they just do not matter. In the fog of war , and this has become a war, both sides will try to present events from a slant that is favourable to them and unfortunatelt they will resort to fakery and made up news.
    There is a principle that is often encountered in statistical analysis that I believe is apropos in this case. One must be careful not to let the noise affect the analysis being undertaken. In this case I submit that most of the controversy about the accuracy/inaccuracy of some YouTube clips is purely noise. As a result it should not destract from the basic task at hand and that is simply to arrive at a conclusion to support the acts of one side or the other. On a personal level, I have made my choice and I am very comfortable with it. I supported the uprising and called for it even before it ever existed simply because I am convinced that we can do much better in all the Arab countries. But That is not what we are discussing at the moment. Syria has finally taken the step to stand up to tyranny. Those who did are courageous and desrve respect. whether some other elements have infiltrated the uprising and whether it is going to be as bad as the current regime is speculation. The case must be judged on its merits. If the Ba’ath was viewed as undemocratic and as repressive a year ago then it should be considered to be more so right now. Allow me to repeat for the umpteenth time the fact that if one supports pluralism and freedom then one accepts the results whether favourable or not. In the case of Syria, if the Syrian people vote for a salafist influenced government then I would oppose their policies but I have to respect their choice.
    In my opinion, the YouTube controversy is a distraction from finding a real strong rationale for taking sides based on a set of beliefs instead of accuracy of an amateurish video clip . Each person is entitled to take any side that one choses but I hope that that extremly important choice will be based on something more meaningful that a 30 second YouTube clip. Let me add one more idea, since most of the attacks on the veracity of the YouTube clips is from “supporters”of the regime then is one led to asume that had the opposition not resorted to “doctored” videos then it would be more deserving of support?

Posted by Ghassan Karam | March 6, 2012, 7:40 pm
  5. GK,
    Firstly, let me be clear, I wholeheartedly accept the notion of the Syrian people having the right to resist and fight dictatorship and that it is above any controversy over the veracity of some videos. And any fakery of said videos does not reduce that right.

Secondly, the veracity of the videos is not a yardstick by which to measure support, but a way of judging the extremity of the regimes response. If they are being used to make the regimes response worse than it is (and we have all agreed we are unhappy with it) then that is important as well. Yes, truth is the first casualty of war, but Im not big on being manipulated no matter who does it.

And thirdly, this doesnt have to be a you are with us or against us stuation.
    I dont believe that simply being in opposition to Assad is enough to get my support. What I would like to see is a free, happy and prosperous nation in Syria both as a pan-Arabist and as a relative to many there. And, quite simply, this opposition has done nothing to make me believe that they will bring that. On the contrary, I see in the leadership a mish-mash of corrupt businessmen, former members of the regime (many of whom were guilty of their own crimes) and Wahabis.
    In other words, if you are going to cure the cancer by shooting bullets through the body to remove the tumors, then no, the cancer is just fine.

I know you say “whether some other elements have infiltrated the uprising and whether it is going to be as bad as the current regime is speculation”. But the fact that they are and are influencing events on the ground is hardly speculation now. And if the salafists take over, its going to be much worse than the current regime – Who for all its faults, is not secterian. You are assuming that they may be voted in – I am assuming that if they are GCC backed, there will be no vote. I am assuming the GCC will not want a settled Syria because after Syria, whose turn in the ME will it be to face a people demanding freedom from oppression?

Posted by mo | March 6, 2012, 9:10 pm
  6. mo,
    Your rhetorical question does nor require an answer:-) simply because an Arab Spring; when and if it succeeds, will not be whole unless it gets to KSA and obviously the Emirates. Wouldn’t that be a day to celebrate?

Posted by Ghassan Karam | March 6, 2012, 10:52 pm
  7. GK:

The videos are of course noise (which is why I personally don’t waste my time watching them), but the buzz around the “buzz” is far from being noise. I think it is quite fascinating, and most instructive.

As you probably know quite well, I tend to see eye to eye with you on most matters.

There are times however, where our views diverge quite a bit.

I don’t think that one deserves respect simply for standing up to tyranny, notably, not so when they are tyrannical.

… which leads to:

I don’t doubt you would respect their choice, except of course if their choice is tyrannical, which as per above is something you would not respect.

I think part of the problem with the “Salafi” argument- as opposed to the more “secular”, “inclusive” Assad- is not related to tyranny or whether a future government ends up being more tyrannical:

(1) The first problem relates to a discussion I had on these forums with Alex almost a year ago. The Assad’s did not make fundamentally “secular” people out of the Syrians, even though that is ostensibly the sensibility they represented. Secularism was thus just the excuse, and not the goal.

(2) Salafi scare-mongers tend to ignore that the Regime has stoked those groups for its own interests. Whether they supported those movements in Iraq, acting as a conduit, or being quite supportive of the movements vis-a-vis Israel… both stances have emboldened and strengthened those groups. So the regime can hardly be trusted to be the solution to the “Salafi” problem, if in fact such a problem exists at all.

Posted by Gabriel | March 6, 2012, 10:54 pm
  8. QN:

As I said, i do learn much over here :). Until Mo brought him up, I hadn’t heard of Danny previously.

Just watched the clip.

Maybe Danny’s on the Syrian payroll. Like those “False Witnesses” for the STL :).

Posted by Gabriel | March 6, 2012, 11:15 pm
  9. The new media coming out of Syria is made by unprofessional Syrians and if all these Syrians are manipulating the truth to get Assad to leave why don’t those who love him do the same?!!This only proves most of Syrians are anti-regime. BTW I’m Syrian and I know that these videos are only a glimpse of what’s happening inside Syrian prisons and detention centers for the last 40 years. You see mistakes are going to happen when inexperienced citizens have to get the truth out because the regime doesn’t allow the media to do so freely.”The Syrian TV station Addounia” and the two other state TV stations where denying there was protests in first place and their credibility, even to those who support Assad, is close to zero. I dare any Syrian to count on them when wanting to go somewhere in Syria because these channels that are exclusively Syrian Channels inside the country lie about everything. They only deny and refute rather that getting any reporters on ground(which the residents will kick if were sent). When we talk about any outside media we should discuss also who got Syria to this because have the regime allowed free media to get out news about protests and security forces atrocities in the beginning of the revolution, we wouldn’t have relied on Dani or Tony for news.

Posted by @FreePanArabist | March 7, 2012, 12:57 am
  10. Just a few thoughts….It is interesting the different approaches taken by the regimes in the region with the media. There is a thesis there comparing Mubarak, Qaddafi, Ben-Ali and so on. But Syrian regime has always had a particularly bizarre relationship with the media, I mean Barbara Walters?? But the regime clearly prefers for You Tube to be the primary source of information than allowing journalists into the country. I guess for the principal reason that you cannot sort truth from fiction, or at least people in positions of power will not base decisions on the info. like they would on a NYT report…. And also You Tube can never be the CNN because as you can see from the videos you linked to only 20 odd thousand watch them. They will always need CNN and so on to show them, but then CNN is faced with the conundrum you articulate. Not watched enough CNN and so on to know how much these You Tube clips have been broadcast on the networks…..

Posted by deensharp | March 7, 2012, 1:42 am
  11. Its not like all of a sudden, the jack sprung out of his box. The regime has always been this diabolic and will always be. So, events are seen with a preconception that this sadistic regime are capable of inhumane violations as witnessed over the years. This is why some are adamant in believing what they see. If the number of dead, and the way they died does not pry you away from the silly ” is this real or fake” youtube debate, then for the sake of justice, i hope the prisoner files are revealed, and we get to see what really happened in those dungeons and torture chambers, the amount of political prisoners, the abductions, etc. That the overwhelming evidence pieces together the puzzle should be ample.

Posted by Maverick | March 7, 2012, 2:39 am
  12. The reason it is important to discuss the media’s spin on behalf of the opposition is to weaken support for a course of action that may prove very dangerous: foreign military intervention or providing more arms for the opposition.

Are the media and opposition reporting the reality, or are they trying to generate a Ben Ghazi moment, where people will clamor for immediate kinetic action? This is not to debate the legitimacy of the opposition, whether they are ‘good’ or ‘bad’, or if the media is honest or not. It is to debate if our understanding of the Syrian situation is being manipulated to encourage military intervention by the outside world.

The regime might be doing its own spin and fabrications (I believe it actually does, but lets just with ‘might’ here), but it is:
    a) widely dismissed
    b) not part of consensus reality
    c) not what is driving the world’s response to the crisis

Posted by RedLeb | March 7, 2012, 3:39 am
  13. @9

Funny but seriously in the modus operandi of mukhabarat.

hussam Hussam; Abu adas anyone?

Posted by danny | March 7, 2012, 7:35 am
  14. I was just teasing you Gabriel. I learn a great deal as well.

Posted by Qifa Nabki | March 7, 2012, 8:53 am
  15. Danny.

I wasn’t joking :).

This chap is so good, he managed to make it into field hospitals, walk around, film dead/injured babies, and live to tell the tale to Al-Jazeera. He is, in Elias’s words, the most famous spokesman of the opposition in Homs.

But that Spanish journalist referenced in the last post could do no better than snap a photo of an “injured” baby with make-up on his face.

Not only that, but the Syrian government managed to get footage of him “distorting” the truth.

What is one to think? They either got the video by:

a) Finding the video file as they cleaning up the mess in this or that district

b) Infiltrating the opposition, and taping what they do

c) Staging the whole thing altogether.

Posted by Gabriel | March 7, 2012, 8:56 am
  16. Gabby,

I was dead serious as well. we are treading water here about a footage about a “Danny” . Misinformation and blatant “false witnesses” are a part of the camouflage or crap Syrian regime is good at. We don’t have to look no further than STL. They figured the people around them are stupid enough that if you throw enough junk into the mix; they’ll give up in utter exasperation…

We have lost the focus about the brutal happenings and are focusing on the fringe….As I said that’s the end game.

Posted by danny | March 7, 2012, 9:05 am
  17. You need to get your hands on a second hand copy of the ‘KGB Manual for Idiots: with additional annotations by the Stasi, Securitate and the Moukhabarat’ 1969 edition enlarged and illustrated. The copy used by the regime has marginal notes accumulated over the last 40 years. Not sure which chapter it is which has the title: Discredit, Confuse and Split the Opposition. You need to have taken ‘Disinformation 101′ as a prerequisite.

Posted by Nadim Shehadi | March 7, 2012, 10:03 am
  18. @18. EXACTLY!!

Posted by danny | March 7, 2012, 10:47 am
  19. Human nature is such that we do not tend to believe atrocities are being down. I always viewed the Assad regime as a mafia. A mafia uses violence as a means to stay in power and make money, but it does not employ violence arbitrarily, that is just “bad for business”. So it is natural to ask, what good does it do to handcuff wounded civilians to beds and whip them? Since it does not advance any goal, you tend to discount the possibility that they did it. Yet, we have the pictures.

Getting people convinced that atrocities are being committed is difficult. Even Jews themselves were reluctant to believe the stories of people escaping from concentration camps. It just didn’t make sense that the Germans would mass murder anybody. Would a “sophisticated” first lady like Asma ever approve such atrocities? If they are happening, wouldn’t she have spoken out by now. Isn’t Assad a well educated “Londonian”?

I think the regime is taking advantage of this human weakness plus of course the usual tendency to not care about atrocities in the Arab world if it helps “pan-arabism” and the fight against the “Zionist entity”.

Posted by AIG | March 7, 2012, 11:11 am
  20. The Following is MHO

Would a “sophisticated” first lady like Asma ever approve such atrocities?

The X-Box Idiots (aka Asma and Bashar) are locked in.

They have no say in the current struggle. The dirty work is probably being handled and directed by the brother and the (Alawi-dominated) military. The X-Box first family has only one job: to behave as if everything is fine and that they’re fighting terrorists. They couldn’t leave Syria if they wanted to.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2012, 2:16 pm
  21. Now that Asma has been mentioned I think that some might want to take a look at the following CNN interview with Asma about Gaza but spliced to show events in Homs. Obviously this clip is not intended to decieve but to show hypocrisy.

Posted by Ghassan Karam | March 7, 2012, 3:08 pm
  22. YNet has the same link…

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2012, 3:27 pm
  23. I have already seen a few relatively conflicting interpretations of what Leon Penatta said in his testimony in front of the Senate Armed Services Committee. Here is the text of the full statement from DOD. You read it and make up your mind on whether he was threatening war or saying that unilateral action is out of the question.

Posted by Ghassan Karam | March 7, 2012, 4:49 pm
  24. So the argument of pro-regime — or rather, anti-anti-regime — people is that faked videos matter because they demonstrate that the opposition is not fit to govern. Disregarding the absurd irony of such an argument, given the deep commitment of the Syrian government to the truth, it also disregards the fact that responsibility for the lack of a credible opposition lies with the Baathists, who refused to allow any space for civil society and political activity and debate. How can it be expected that a coherent, mature opposition would form? And can you blame people for not believing that Bashar will allow such space now?

Posted by Jonathan | March 7, 2012, 5:31 pm
  25. Jonathan,
    I dont think anyone has made that argument either in this thread or the previous one.

Posted by mo | March 7, 2012, 5:39 pm
  26. Okay, mo, fair enough. I may be linking two things that are not linked for you. You don’t claim that dishonest reporting discredits the opposition, and, among other things, this makes them an undesirable alternative. You base that claim on other, in many ways reasonable, grounds. But those who foam at the mouth over the veracity of these videos are rarely doing so out of a dedication to the truth.

Posted by Jonathan | March 7, 2012, 9:00 pm
  27. Mo,

Out of curiosity, since you’ve brought up his name previously.. what are the chances, in your mind, that this Danny fellow (not our QN danny) is a ruse by the Syrian government?

Posted by Gabriel | March 7, 2012, 9:13 pm
  28. LOL, Gaby. Do you think that Dannyboy is so inept that he has to be a regime plant? His faint Irish brogue (does he speak Irish-flecked Arabic too?) makes him the ideal Syrian resistance spokesman for the American audience. Anderson Cooper is his biggest fan.

Here is another one of Anderson’s attempts at simulating a hard-hitting interview; cutiepie Dannyboy ‘splains about the video:

Posted by lally | March 7, 2012, 10:16 pm
  29. Dear dear me Lally! (Thanks for the video :))

Are you suggesting the cutiepie wasn’t faking anything at all? :)

… or by “biggest fan”, are you suggesting that Mr Cooper has at mild interest in the cutipie? :)

Posted by Gabriel | March 7, 2012, 10:35 pm
  30. “Do you think that Dannyboy is so inept that he has to be a regime plant?”

Yup. You guys are worse than a Maytag washer. Too many freaking spin cycles!

Posted by danny | March 7, 2012, 10:35 pm
  31. Mr Cooper is a firm advocate of “keeping them honest”. Regretfully, I don’t doubt his sincerity or his credulity.

Dannyboy just isn’t my idea of a streetfightin’ man.)

Posted by lally | March 8, 2012, 1:28 am
  32. Jonathan,
    Thankfully Im not arguing the case on behalf of anyone but myself,

Gabriel,
    Is he a ruse? I have no idea. The answer to your question of how Syrian Tv got the video would probably tell us. But if I had to put money on it I would say no.

Firstly, as QN points out the comments he makes are not that bad – Its more about the relaxed attitude (though Im not sure I agree with everything QN heard the way he heard it). I think if the regime was going to plant this they would have made the script a little more infalammatory.

Secondly, I have seen him interviewed a couple of times and his vocab and accent seem to me to be of someone who has lived in the UK rather than learnt English in Syria. If the Syrians were to plant someone, I think they would use someone they could really trust, from their inner circle.

Thirdly, the worlds anger is mostly based on the videos Danny and his comrades are making. The evidence of the figures and atrocities are almost entirely based on these videos – So the regime would really be shooting itself in the foot if they were behind them.

And finally, I just dont think the regime gives a damn one way or another to do this. To the outside world people may be believing the hype over this being the end of Assad but in Syria I doubt the regime is even breaking a sweat as to be frank, the armed part of this uprising is no where near strong enough to win this. The regime is going to have to suffer more than the defection of a deputy minister before they get worried.

Posted by mo | March 8, 2012, 7:00 am
  33. Lally,

Given how keen the pup is to join the FSA, I’m surprised he left the country at all. Strange also that he would love to join the FSA, if they would have him.

I didn’t think the FSA was in a position ot being picky on who gets to join its ranks! :)

Mo:

Danny is a British citizen, so he must have spent some time in the UK. Anyways, given the number of regime supporters living in Canada/US who grace these forums, I hardly think that would be a deciding factor.

In point 3, you say the “world” is angry by the videos Danny and his comrades are making.

I’m not entirely sure why you always lump Danny with others (his comrades). I’m not sure if you mean to lump Danny and others who issue videos to be connected in any way other than all being ostensibly “anti-regime”.

Speaking as someone who believes the “False Witnesses” in the STL were a ruse by Syria, I am not convinced the “shooting itself in the leg” is an entirely valid argument.

I am also not sure what the “world” has to do with any of this.

If there is a nefarious Qatari/Saudi influence (say to get a more pliant leadership in Syria, I hardly think the videos themselves are the driver for this, but rather, a direct result of it.

Ditto for the US/Israel, who I’m still not convinced want Assad to go. I don’t doubt Israel may like nothing better than a little instability in Syria so that the Syrians can keep themselves occupied with things other than Israel.

As for the Syrians themselves, do they have access to any of these “thousands” of Youtube videos that are strewn around the internet. A few years back, in a Damascene hotel, I could not even access Facebook. I suspect the internet has been completely throttled there now. And yet, we have this from a Syrian channel (?), for internal consumption. Is it perhaps a message to the Syrians themselves not to trust the “opposition”.

Posted by Gabriel | March 8, 2012, 8:30 am
  34. Gabriel,
    Yes sorry, I meant Danny and the other anti-regime videographers. Im sure they have willing fans in the UK, Canada etc. but being a very paranoid regime, Im not sure they would trust anyone they did not have direct access to.

What I mean is they may hope these videos would enrage the public in other countries enough as to force their govts to get involved.

However, this is all speculation and all the points you make are as valid and could just as much be the truth.

As far as as I am aware, internet access is the same as before ie slow and censored but I could not categorically tell you what the situation is.

Posted by mo | March 8, 2012, 9:20 am
  35. NO,

i’ll go back to Bird Watching.

Posted by Vulcan | April 30, 2012, 4:49 pm
  36. Hey, this thread is a great way to circumvent QN’s lockout of the latest thread.

And only 36 posts to upload!

Anyway, here’s a question for the audience:

Whatever happened to the STL?

Posted by Akbar Palace | May 1, 2012, 7:33 am
  37. AP,

QN shut it down as it was getting silly and personal. You can visit the STL website for updates. The latest I had heard was that the trials would start before the end of 2012….Hopefully the Assad regime would collapse and their files would reveal who was behind it and who was it contracted to..

Posted by danny | May 1, 2012, 9:37 am
  38. United Nothings

danny,

I find it hard to believe these files are in some locked cabinet. Something this serious is usually planned by word-of-mouth and left totally untraceable.

Since the trial didn’t even start yet, and it is 7 years since the murder, I have no faith that justice will be served. Typical UN-sponsored BS.

As far as the Assad regime collapsing, I am beginning to wonder how committed the West is in bringing Assad down. This will hurt Obama’s re-election bid, because he made a humanitarian case for regime change in Libya, but, for some reason, this “case” doesn’t apply to Syria where so many have died.

I hope Americans will conduct “regime change” here in the US by voting the dummy out of office. And, of course, American Jews are still 60% PRO-Obama. Go figure!

Posted by Akbar Palace | May 1, 2012, 9:52 am

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Beirut Spring: The Anatomy of Syrian Revolution YouTube Videos - March 6, 2012

2. Pingback: Syria’s Culture War « Qifa Nabki - November 28, 2012

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,498 other followers