Elections, Hezbollah, Lebanon, March 14

Masters and Disciples

syrie-grandlibanI’ve written something about the cabinet formation for The New Yorker’s News Desk blog. First graf is below, with a jump to the full piece. Come on back here to comment.

Lebanon’s War in Syria

The birth of a new government in Lebanon is often greeted with ironic festivity. People pass around trays of baklava and bowls of meghle, a spice pudding served when a baby is born. For a week or so, respectable newspapers turn into society tabloids, which I pretend not to read. Who visited whom to offer congratulations on his new ministerial appointment? Which two former rivals had a “great lunch” and vowed to work together in the national interest? A few news cycles’ worth of political play-by-play dramatize the decisive moments of the negotiations, leaning hard on obstetric metaphors.

“The labor pains began on Wednesday night, but only a few of us knew about it,” one insider told me. “By Thursday, it was clear that the government was coming, but there were a few complications on Friday. Then everybody woke up on Saturday morning to a brand-new government.” (Keep reading)

508 thoughts on “Masters and Disciples

1. Marion,

Here’s a good primer on the idea of “sovereignty”.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 5, 2014, 6:27 pm
  2. Marion,

The question of sovereignty applies to many countries around the globe:

Palestine (which does not yet have full status in the UN)
    Lebanon
    Ukraine
    Taiwan
    Vatican City
    Cyprus
    Monaco
    Syria
    Iraq
    etc

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 5, 2014, 6:51 pm
  3. DGI. I know from Rolling Stone. They have always had room for investigative journalism but it’s been the cherry on top of the rock and roll sundae. I understand your dilemma vis a vis the NYT and would suggest that The Nation is a more suitable comparable to Haaretz. Sort of.

I began (*gratefully) reading the Israeli media in the spring of 2001 and soon discovered the JPost wasn’t worth bothering with. Back then, the Israeli military censors were *not applying their skills to Israeli defense/security writers discussing the preparations for the attack on Iraq. The reporting did not directly reflect on Israel’s security as it was an American enterprise bye and large; so they could tell the truth up until 11/02 when Rummy’s badgering for them to STFU finally became policy. Even then, OpEd writers could slip stuff by as their output was not as tightly controlled as the stuff by journos on the security beats.

My politics have nothing to do with my conclusions that the JPost was directed at the diaspora and Xtian zionists; indeed, many of the writers are/were American zionists. If I want to know about Israel, I will read what Israelis have to say, not the sanitized versions advanced by their self-appointed protectorate at home and near abroad.

Please. The JPost was Wolf Blitzer’s turf for awhile. BTW, calling 972+ an “agitprop blog” reveals your politics…there’s room for all.

I find the quiet from Israeli sources about deploying MANPADs in Syria to be suggestive. It’s unusual as in my experience, the Israelis are not coy about objecting to certain weapons platforms they find threatening to their ability to act at will. Are they sanguine about the possibility of them getting into the hands of Hezbollah? Given the announcement that the measures to thwart that type of threat to commercial airlines are up to speed, perhaps the IAF has already equipped their aircraft with the new technology.

Posted by lally | March 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
  4. “IMO, American policy in Syria takes great pains to keep the Israeli perspective in mind; our Generals talk to your Generals and their conclusions are at loggerheads with the blah blah blah of our respective political posturers.”

Lally you are a star. Perfectly stating the truth! 😀

Posted by danny | March 5, 2014, 9:50 pm
  5. I would venture to say that the only country in the region that is truly independent and sovereign is Iran…not a single Arab nation is, and I would even argue that Israel is not either…

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 5, 2014, 11:30 pm
  6. Danny…………………</;-0

Posted by lally | March 6, 2014, 1:39 am
  7. Akbar Palace,

Your response to a sovereignty question coming from the resistance herd is like telling a blind person he is deprived of eye sight.

To this herd sovereignty means total obedience to a foreign entity as manifested in the person of the head covered wali faqih.

Posted by Mustap | March 6, 2014, 8:50 am
  8. What do you mean “your”, Lally? I’m as Israeli as you are.

Posted by dontgetit | March 6, 2014, 9:12 am
  9. DGI ? I’m American.

Posted by lally | March 6, 2014, 12:08 pm
  10. Exactly

Posted by dontgetit | March 6, 2014, 1:00 pm
  11. LOL! at least we have THAT fact established now.

Posted by lally | March 6, 2014, 1:58 pm
  12. “…the only country in the region that is truly independent and sovereign is Iran…”

Marion,

How so? Iran would be nowhere without the help of Hezbollah, North Korea, Hugo Chavez, Cuba, Assad and his supporters on the UNSC, namely Russia and China. Every country has allies and supporters. Iran isn’t as “brave” as you would like to portray them to be.

Mustap,

You must learn to love Iran and Assad in order to get respect in the arab world. Resistance is soooo important because the US, Israel, blah, blah, blah (ref: Lilly).

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 6, 2014, 2:36 pm
  13. Mustap, you really need to get over your “resistance herd” fixation….Why not just ignore the comment if you don’t like it? It is not like I am going to insist that you respond to me….The fact that you prefer to personally attack the messengers of certain commentary, not the message, says a lot about your lack of confidence…..

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 6, 2014, 2:44 pm
  14. Akbar, how brave have I portrayed Iran to be? And who said that sovereignty means not needing anyone else’s help? If it is defined that way, than there is no country in the world which is sovereign … I suspect you understand exactly what I mean, yet don’t like to openly admit it….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 6, 2014, 2:53 pm
  15. The Almighty Dollar, the silly Euro, the slap-slaved RMB, and the Rubble.

Posted by Balesh | March 6, 2014, 3:00 pm
  16. Whatever and whomever you think is looking out for your best interests and savings.

Posted by Balesh | March 6, 2014, 3:20 pm
  17. Akbar Palace,

I believe the term resistance herd is the most accurate description of a group of semi humanoids sharing resistance-like chatacteristics and commanded by a single entity which refers to itself as wali faqih. I also do not believe that using the term to refer to this group is in anyway indicative of lack of confidence or of making personal attacks. I hope you concur.

Could you imagine a discourse happening without properly describing things, especially on a public forum such as this one?

Posted by Mustap | March 6, 2014, 3:28 pm
  18. Again Akbar Palace,

You will better understand what I’m saying if you make analogy with the borg.

However, according to the borg resistance is futile.

So, we must be dealing with the anti-borg, since resistance is NOT futile here.

In either case, you need to consider the attribute and its opposite.

You will see then It all makes perfect sense.

Posted by Mustap | March 6, 2014, 3:47 pm
  19. Akbar, how brave have I portrayed Iran to be?

Marion,

By stating that, “… the only country in the region that is truly independent and sovereign is Iran…”. That statement (erroneously ) suggests that Iran is better.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 6, 2014, 4:14 pm
  20. Mustap,

This forum is a learning experience for me. I don’t understand the fascination with Iran and Hezbollah. I think people like them simply because they hate America and Israel. If I were arab, I wouldn’t be too happy with these violent theocrats.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 6, 2014, 4:33 pm
  21. Lilly,

Looks like BB caught Iran lying. We we’re wondering if you wanted to take this opportunity to make excuses for the Iranians. I’m sure you can find a conspiracy theory out there somewhere. Make sure it has the “Foggybottom” stamp of approval q:o)

Netanyahu on Iran’s denial: When ship reaches Eilat, we’ll see who the liar is

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 6, 2014, 7:19 pm
  22. Here’s a piece of news for you Akbar in the war against Hezbollah terrorism.

Saudi authorities deported today three families back to Lebanon for their involvement in financing Hezbollah. The affected families contacted the ministry in proxy of terrorism, i.e. the Lebanese ministry of foreign affairs, pleading for help. The said ministry contacted the Saudis who in turn told the Lebanese, i.e. aoun son in law, to buzz off.

The possessions of the deported were also confiscated based on laws for fighting and stiffling terrorism.

More Lebanese will be deported shortly from the Kingdom as well as from other GCC states.

Hassan will soon have plenty of squatters on hand in the Dahiyeh slums.

Posted by Mustap | March 6, 2014, 10:06 pm
  23. Akbar that statement only applies to Iran being one of the most sovereign …yet I would also consider Turkey to be along the same line…..and I noticed that you did not disagree with my assessment of Iran being truly sovereign….now as far as Iran being better than other countries in the region, we would really have to do a comparison on each specific area…..now what areas would you consider Arab nations to exceed and be better in?

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 6, 2014, 11:39 pm
  24. according to my understanding, That ship was approximately 1500 miles off the coast of Israel Akbar …and doesn’t your Zionist navy control the waters off from its coastline? They certainly have been fully capable of confiscating aid ships to Gaza….so I guess we are just going to have to wait and see if anything comes of that headline in the Zionist’s newspapers….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 6, 2014, 11:44 pm
  25. Mustap, as far as I am concerned, I think those families are better off leaving Saudi…I am sure they never had a fair trial or even a trial for that matter…..at least they will have more freedoms here in Lebanon…For me, my freedoms trump all else…I am sure, they will eventually agree with me, once they adjust… It is too bad Saudi confiscated their things, but your things are replaceable, your freedoms are not….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 6, 2014, 11:48 pm
  26. They are fortunate to still have their heads attached to their bodies, considering Saudis record on public decapitations….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 7, 2014, 12:07 am
  27. Now as far as people being pro resistance to Zionist imperialism, therefore anti-American …this is just not true, unless you are of the Zionist mindset …..where you think one has to be pro-Zionism to be pro-American….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 7, 2014, 12:10 am
  28. A bit of fun. ..since we are stuck in the endless discussion : Zionist (+the kingdom) vs Wilayet Faqih

Posted by 3issa | March 7, 2014, 5:16 am
  29. Marion,

You may not be aware, but the Iranian theocracy has executed more “criminals” than the Saudi Arabian theocracy.

Granted, the dead in Iran usually die by hanging with their bodies intact.

And yes, the Zionist Navy is doing their best to protect Israel. No apology needed for that.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2014, 9:20 am
  30. Akbar Palace,

Saudi Arabia is not a theocracy. It is a monarchy.

On second thoughts, I believe these Lebanese terrorist supporters should have been beheaded considering the nature of the crime.

I really don’t understand why the Saudis are becoming so lenient all of a sudden. Perhaps, when they uncover more terrorist supporters like these, which I believe there are many of them, then the Saudis will go back to their senses and apply proper punishents.

Posted by Mustap | March 7, 2014, 9:42 am
  31. Mustap,

The terror supporters in Israel sit in the Knesset.;)

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2014, 10:08 am
  32. Akbar Palace,

Send them over to KSA and they will be taken care of.

KSA made a new list today of all terror groups.

This war is now real.

Posted by Mustap | March 7, 2014, 10:37 am
  33. This war is now real Mustap?? Loool, you are one hilarious dude……KSA should add the Al Qaeda terrorist groups they are supporting to the list, to make your war wet dreams real, otherwise your wet dreams are as fake as the Saudi kingdom, that according to you is not a Theocracy…Loool! Yet has no constitution, allegedly follows the Holy Qur’an based on the Wahabi interpretation, and is run by a bunch of so -called Royal Robbers who call themselves Kings and Princes…Can’t believe you actually buy into that hogwash….Kingdom….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 7, 2014, 12:56 pm
  34. The Royal Kings and Princes have been royal for over 250 years. Those who don’t like it can swallow the sea.

The new terror list of groups which are now being hunted are:

1) Hezbollah
    2) Muslim Brotherhood
    3) ISIL
    4) Nusra
    5) Houthies of Yemen
    6) Any proven associate of Qaida

The good thing about the list is that it began by eliminating Hezbollah supporters living inside the kingdom. These are proven to be the most notorious terrorists in the world as well as in Syria, Lebanon and the nearby states. The Kingdom needs to be cleansed from these groups and made terror-free for its citizens to live in peace under their chosen leaderships.

The Iranians are not even close in terms of happiness compared to the Saudi citizens of the Kingdom. Iranians are living in slavery to the theocracy of the wali faqih. My little 4 years old has a lot more intelligence in his little head than this artificially enlarged head-covered so-called wali faqih. And some have the guts to talk about so-called Persian ‘glories’. Yes that’s for you Pirhana.

Posted by Mustap | March 7, 2014, 1:14 pm
  35. Mustap, are you Saudi ?

Posted by Vulcan | March 7, 2014, 2:28 pm
  36. Posted by Balesh | March 7, 2014, 3:01 pm
  37. Really? Chosen leadership + kingdom + happiness + beheading + cleansing

I now see the moronic posts from mustap as a troll as much as don’t get it ones (even if he is now being genuine…and building bridges because he has Palestinians friends. How cute.)

And Marion, nothing personal, but it’s hard to take you seriously when you disregard the yellow jackets crimes in Lebanon and Syria and the murderous Iranian regime. What about the iraqi sectarian clique ruling the country ? Just Shia victims defending themselves?

Posted by 3issa | March 7, 2014, 3:19 pm
  38. 3issa,

Bingo on all counts! 😀
    I thought I had the “yellow jackets” patented lol. 😛

Posted by danny | March 7, 2014, 3:51 pm
  39. KSA now considers MB to be a terror org. Don’t ask me why. Meanwhile Barry Obama prefers the MB over the Egyptian military.

What a mess. No one agrees about anything.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2014, 4:10 pm
  40. Nobody is perfect 3Issa..yet I don’t think those you mentioned, to me, are as guilty as you would like for them to be…Look at the war crimes done around the world by Israel, the US, or European countries, all in the name of Democracy…can you honestly tell me that what they have done isn’t criminal? Do they really have a monopoly on morality ? Would you like to tell me that religion is the problem and that it is atheists who have a monopoly on morality? Personally, I think it is politics driven by economic greed that trumps any kind of morality in this world…

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 7, 2014, 4:15 pm
  41. can you honestly tell me that what they have done isn’t criminal?

Yes, what the US is doing around the world is no more criminal than what Iran is doing (supporting terror organizations and despots). Furthermore, the US often gets UN backing, and last I checked, the US hasn’t supported or armed a self-appointed despot who ran his own country into the ground singlehandedly.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2014, 4:39 pm
  42. Zionist AP, I hope that you are not saying that the US is not in the business of arming, backing, sheltering despots when it suits its own interests.

Marion, why would I want them to be guilty? I see what they are doing in Lebanon, in Syria, in Iran, in Iraq, in Yemen. The war crimes of the “West” and its apartheid style implant on Palestine are as real as they are condamnable. Does that mean that what the corrupt Iranian regime is doing in Syria is right ?

Posted by 3issa | March 7, 2014, 4:52 pm
  43. I still find the terror list of groups to be incomplete. I don’t understand how Saudi interior ministry could have missed naming the Baathists, the Shabihas, the communists, the Maliki and Hakim militias of Iraq as well as the Iranian Qods brigades from the ‘honor’. These should occupy the second, the third, the fourth and the fifth ranking in the list.

Akbar Palace,

The Muslim Brotherhood were the earliest group historically to resort to terror tactics.

Barry is on the wrong side of history – a big time loser.

Posted by Mustap | March 7, 2014, 4:52 pm
  44. Al Saud is on the right side of history.

Posted by 3issa | March 7, 2014, 5:11 pm
  45. Hey Danny, sorry I couldn’t find the ™ tag to put right next to yellow jackets 🙂

Don’t say that I’m right on all counts because I mentioned the Israeli occupier don’t get it pretending to be friend with the arapz. Unless you finally saw the light regarding the true unjust nature of the Zionist project ? 😉

Posted by 3issa | March 7, 2014, 5:15 pm
  46. Zionist AP, I hope that you are not saying that the US is not in the business of arming, backing, sheltering despots when it suits its own interests.

3Issa,

So why all the hostility toward the US when Iran does the same or worse?

Mustap,

Since the Saudis and Zionists have so much in common, perhaps they should warm relations or, at least, improvec economic and military ties.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2014, 6:14 pm
  47. Akbar Palace,

I would support Israel becoming a GCC.

But, Lebanon and Syria must get rid of Hezbollah, the Baathists and other communists and leftists before they could be considered for membership.

Jordan may join right now along with Israel.

Posted by Mustap | March 7, 2014, 6:19 pm
  48. Arab Experiment NewZ

3issa,

If Israel is a “Zionist project”, I would say the rest of the ME is an “arab experiment”, because they still haven’t created anything resembling a free democracy.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2014, 6:21 pm
  49. Jordan may join right now along with Israel.

Cool! Please bring this up at the next royal get-together.

Yes, King Abdullah is fine gentleman. He has yet to turn his country into a bombed-out wasteland.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2014, 6:27 pm
  50. La Hawla Wa La Quwwata illa Billah

Posted by 3issa | March 7, 2014, 6:30 pm
  51. Seems to me that good King Abdullah of the KSA is making no bones about it: stop supporting terror or go to jail.

Well done. What Shia terror groups will Iran repudiate?

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 7, 2014, 6:44 pm
  52. Dumb

Posted by 3issa | March 7, 2014, 6:48 pm
  53. Barrack Obama simplified: A big time loser on the wrong side of history.

“America is not weak, Obama is
    President Obama’s foreign policy has alienated friends and appeased enemies

Russia’s economy is less than one-eighth the size of the US economy, and its population is less than half of America’s. Russia’s military is also outdated – the firepower of its entire navy is equivalent to that of the US Sixth Fleet alone. And yet, Russian President Vladimir Putin projects power across the globe while President Barack Obama looks meek.

Obama has used the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan as a scarecrow to any effective projection of US power anywhere around the world. He has made Americans think that the world would have been much safer without George Bush, and that all of the instability came from American bullying.

Obama told The Atlantic that if America intervenes militarily in Syria, it would be its fourth in a Muslim-majority country, which – by and of itself – is bad. He put all four wars on equal footing. Forget that 9/11 was launched by Al-Qaeda, hosted and protected by Afghanistan’s medieval-style Taliban government. Forget that the world stood by America, that the UN Security Council authorized the use of force, and that NATO deployed ground troops.

Forget that the UN also authorized the Libya intervention, which was undertaken by NATO with such minor US participation that Obama himself almost forgot about it when he said Syria would make the number of America’s wars in Muslim countries three, or “four if you count Libya.”

Granted that the war in Iraq brought America enemies, but since then, many other nations have launched wars, overt and covert, unilaterally.

Since 1999, Putin has launched three wars in Chechnya, Georgia, and Ukraine with virtual impunity. China has bullied its neighbors and grabbed pieces of air and sea. Even Lebanon’s Hezbollah has deployed fighters in neighboring Syria, while Iran defies half a dozen UNSC resolutions on its nuclear program.

The problem with Obama is that he actually believes America is the one to blame for its unwanted meddling in world affairs. He wants America to apologize for world ills, most of which were committed by others. Sorry Iran we asked you not to proliferate. Sorry Putin we denounced your invasion of Georgia. Sorry China we talk about your occupation of Tibet and the bullying of Taiwan.

Obama then let the Dalai Lama out the backdoor of the White House where trashcans are kept. Taiwan is yet to get its F16 upgrades. Saudi Arabia will have to live with America befriending Iran. Ukraine will have to be nice to Putin, and US allies in Iraq will have to share power with Nouri al-Maliki who arrests them on fabricated charges or simply eliminates them.

This is foreign policy, Obama style, where America is ashamed of its allies and friends but strives to appease the world’s most tyrannical regimes, war criminals, and the like.

Obama’s foreign policy looks something like this. First he bluffs by using strong words like “there will be costs” or “all options are on the table,” then he announces sanctions on foreign officials or government agencies. Finally, he twists the arms of America’s allies while begging enemies to come to a “political settlement.” And these settlements are never urgent, more of a long “process,” like in the cases of Palestinian-Israeli peace talks, Syria’s Geneva conferences, or the interim agreement with Iran.

Then when the “process” breaks down, Obama says America cannot want peace more than the contending parties, that it is up to Syrians to end their war, or that Gulf Arabs have to “adapt to change” and to Iran’s aspirations of being an “important world player.”

But if Gulf Arabs wanted Iran to become a “world player,” they would have succumbed to its bullying a long time ago, instead of waiting for Obama’s antics and half-agreements.

As for Americans – even though many are more concerned with domestic than foreign policy issues – the economic prosperity of their country in part depends on its international trade, which flourishes in a stable world order with democratic governments.

Today, Putinism, Islamism, and other brands of fanaticism threaten global stability, and America has a major stake in ensuring that the US-led world order is not upended.

Hussain Abdul-Hussain is the Washington Bureau Chief of Kuwaiti newspaper Alrai. He tweet @hahussain”

Posted by Mustap | March 7, 2014, 8:35 pm
  54. The Neocon Zioinsts are still alive and kicking I See…..new world order with Saudi Arabia at the helm pretending to be fighting terrorism, Lool!

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 8, 2014, 12:27 am
  55. 3issa, tell me who has been threatening who in this region? Who has been sanctioning who? Who has been supporting those who blow themselves up among a crowd of people when it fits into their political agendas? Why does the west, namely the US, France, and England want Bashar Al Assad removed? Do you think it is because they truly care about the average Syrian citizen? Do you think Zionist Israel or Wahabi Saudi care about the average Syrian civilian? Yes Iran has been supporting the Syrian government because Iran has been under siege by the so-called Democratic and humane West through sanctions, threats of war, etc… and not because Iran wants or is developing nuclear weapons, but because Iran is not towing the line of Western interest’s in the region…and Iran has been a major funder of the resistance to the Zionist occupier who allegedly serves the Western imperialist interests in the region …yet I would debate whether Israel really does serve Western interests or even Democratic interests in the region….as much I detested Saddam Hussein or Ghadafi, I was not for their overthrows…simply because I knew it was for the agenda of breaking up this region and weakening it even more on the behalf a Neocon Zionist agenda called securing the realm which certainly doesn’t serve the interests of the people of the region… can you honestly tell me that supporting the opposition fighters in Syria is in the interests of the Syrian people?

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 8, 2014, 12:52 am
  56. I’m surprised, not long ago 3issa was a staunch supporter of the “resistance” axis ..what gives?
    Amazing how sectarian hatred bubbles up and causes major shifts.

Posted by Vulcan | March 8, 2014, 3:04 am
  57. Vulcan you are wrong. I have never endorsed hezbollah neither Iran or the Syrian mafia. Unless you could prove otherwise with anything I wrote here.

I however support any form of resistance against Israel.

Posted by 3issa | March 8, 2014, 8:02 am
  58. And you claim to be an enlightened Arab yet your sectarian sense of victimisation “bubbles up” pretty rapidly.

Posted by 3issa | March 8, 2014, 8:04 am
  59. Marion, I hear what you are saying…but it cannot be accepted as intellectual honesty when you disregard the horrible crimes of one of the “camp” involved in this.

Posted by 3issa | March 8, 2014, 8:06 am
  60. However support any form of resistance against Israel.

3issa,

It’s encouraging to know you have your priorities right. After all, the Zionists killed a whopping 27 totally innocent martyrs in the West Bank last year, and Israeli arabs enjoy the most freedom and opportunity than anywhere else in the Middle East.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 8, 2014, 8:37 am
  61. 3issa,

I appreciate your balanced approach against all terrorists…BTW you have shifted as Vulcan alluded to. 😀

As for seeing the light. I have to credit you with that. 😛

I believe that all peoples have the right to exist and live peacefully…and that does include Israelis. I don’t buy into this crap about conspiracy theories or excerpts from the Old Testament…

AP

Respectfully try to understand that Israel has always acted as a bully. How many people were killed due to cluster bombs in Lebanon? If Israel really wanted peace; they would sit down with the Palestinians in good faith and map this thing out…All other rhetoric is simply that!

Posted by danny | March 8, 2014, 9:41 am
  62. Respectfully try to understand that Israel has always acted as a bully.

Danny,

I respectfully know your opinion and accept it. But my opinion is, your “bully” is my people’s defenders, and if Israel wasn’t a “bully” (ya’ani pre-emptive), more Israelis would be dead. When Israel “defends itself” like the Helios and Assad, I’ll agree with you..

The PA and Israel are BOTH equally responsible for the lack of progress in peace talks despite was John Kerry and his boss say. I know what Ehud Barrack offered 13 yrs ago, so a lot of time has been wasted that I do not blame on the GOI.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 8, 2014, 12:38 pm
  63. Helios = Hezbos my pda mistranslated

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 8, 2014, 12:40 pm
  64. We need to make clear the distinction between discredited concepts like ‘resistance’, many misguided enthusiasts seek to shelter themselves with due to their lack of argument, in which case they would adequately be refered to as trolls, and the Palestinian issue proper.

Resistance as it came to be known in our world of Arab states is a form of proxying to foreign entities, particularly the Iranian wilayat faqih regime and its Baathist vassals, utilizing the Palestinians, particularly Hamas, Jihad and other groups, to advance an agenda that in no way has any bearings on Palestinian well being or rights.

Hamas and Jihad, as such, must be added to the list of terror groups, even though Hamas is indirectly implied through the MB’s.

The use of the term resistance must be banned except where it is properly used in the electrical industries. The proper terms to use for those groups trying to shelter themselve behind such misnomer are foreign proxies or fifth columns or agents of foreign entities as described above with all the legal ramifications entailed behind such accurate description may imply – meaning you would be liable for prosection for treason for belonging to or supporting such fifth columns.

Posted by Mustap | March 8, 2014, 12:43 pm
  65. The use of the term resistance must be banned except where it is properly used in the electrical industries.

Hassan Nasrallah’s head wrap was measured to be 7 µΩ. Not much of a resistance.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 8, 2014, 1:59 pm
  66. Danny, I really didn’t. Seriously.

Posted by 3issa | March 8, 2014, 2:04 pm
  67. Danny (or anyone else),

The Israel’s boarded a ship from Iran bound for Sudan. They then towed the ship to the Israeli port of Eilat.

Is the GOI being a “bully” in this instance? Why or why not?

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 8, 2014, 7:27 pm
  68. Quick thought. Societies create goals and purposes to build on some kind of unity associated with politics and imagined shared destinies (that should not undermine the diversity of beliefs and practices at the basis if ethics and aesthetics). If and when political goals undermind diversity, totalitarianism is on the horizon.

As long as resistance is a mythical construct that provides a political goal and imagined identity without infringing on the diversity of the lifeworlds at the basis of Lebanese life, it is an attempt at providing meaning in a meaningless world. In the US we create our own meanings and political goals in relation to economic relations–with the goal of underming economic inequality or of protecting economic privileges. In Lebanon, the founding neoliberal myth in place in industrialised countries has not taken hold or has not yet become a generalized phenomenon; politics is not about economics but is still is about identity (and the creation of an “other”). It would be best to have that other being an abstract military power (with a history as oppressor and transgressor) than an actual other defined based on sectarian or ethnic or religious line. Just let us look at the big picture and situate social phenomena within their actual processes.

Posted by Parrhesia | March 9, 2014, 3:39 am
  69. I don’t think I am being intellectually dishonest whatsoever when I stay focused on the bigger picture of what has been taking place in this region, which has been the primary catalyst for all the other smaller catalysts in the region 3issa …… It is intellectually dishonest to ignore the root cause behind why there continues to be a resistance..the resistance will be eliminated, only when the root cause is eliminated…

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 9, 2014, 3:33 am
  70. Mustap talking about 5th columns is hilarious, while praising the terrorist supporting Wahabi monarchy, that is now ‘claiming’ to be rejecting terrorism.. Mustap can you tell me why all the Saudi Royal nationals were flown out of the US right after 911, while all commercial planes at the time were grounded, and why 15 of the 19 hijackers were of Saudi Wahabi decent? And how about the other 4? Did we already forget the major catalyst behind the so-called War on Terrorism, which the neocons used as an excuse to intervene and start even more wars in the region….we seem to have very short, limited memories….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 9, 2014, 3:48 am
  71. “…resistance will be eliminated, only when the root cause is eliminated…”

Marion,

Arab despotism? Don’t hold your breath. The world just learned the occupation didn’t make Assad and his Shania friends from shooting unarmed civilians/”terrorists”.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 9, 2014, 2:20 pm
  72. shabiha friends

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 9, 2014, 2:22 pm
  73. Strange, nothing on the BBC ME website about the 40 long range missiles the IDF pulled from the ship that docked in Iran.

Actually, it’s NOT strange. It’s the BBC for goodness sake!

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 9, 2014, 2:34 pm
  74. AP,

You were rather remiss in doing your homework. You missed this reported story.

Posted by Badr | March 10, 2014, 3:20 am
  75. And another one.

Posted by Badr | March 10, 2014, 3:48 am
  76. Badr,

I was aware of those articles. They were printed just after the news broke and before the IDF was able to search all the containers. I was interested in a BBC report on the full findings discussing the 40 long range missiles found in a lead story (their ME website usually always has 4 or 5 larger font lead stories). I didn’t see any lead story about what the IDF found after reaching occupied Eilat.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 10, 2014, 9:41 am
  77. AP,

It’s not a big deal…That’s why it won’t be on CNN or Reuters or ZNN…It’s relatively small tid bit compared to the chaotic situation elsewhere!

Posted by danny | March 10, 2014, 11:24 am
  78. Danny,

Well, the top 2 stories on the BBC ME website are the freed nuns in Syria and a Palestinian who was shot at the border with Jordan.

I guess everyone has their idea of what is newsworthy. :o)

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 10, 2014, 12:34 pm
  79. It’s amazing to what depth March 14th media outlets will go to discredit their opponents, even in regards to their wives.

Posted by Outsider | March 10, 2014, 1:55 pm
  80. Outsider,

She is a public figure and is not staying home baking cookies! What she is is absolutely idiotic! In her opinion men are allowed to rape their wives…Cool!

Posted by danny | March 10, 2014, 2:12 pm
  81. AP,

As the Joos control the media everywhere…Blame them. 😛

Posted by danny | March 10, 2014, 2:16 pm
  82. I fully agree, Dany,

She is the wife of a public figure and therefore has absolutely nothing else to do but to command her housemaids on what needs to be done to satisfy herself and her horny husband.

She’ll be cool with it as long as it rape, but God forbid, not love.

Posted by Balesh | March 10, 2014, 2:40 pm
  83. ok Danny. I call the jooish media hotline at the BBC and file a complaint. 😉 I think if Prince Charles answers, I may have a complaint.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 10, 2014, 4:31 pm
  84. Danny,

I just recalled that you didn’t answer my question regarding if Israel was a “bully” for boarding the ship carrying Iranian missiles. Check out this video of BB, and tell a right wing zio like me why BB is wrong.

Mustap,

Do you agree with Netanyahu’s speech in this link?

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 10, 2014, 5:50 pm
  85. Prince Charles helped me out! The issue is now the #2 article on the BBC ME website. See you just have to get these Brita to move…

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 10, 2014, 5:55 pm
  86. Why are people talking to AP at the first place?

Posted by 3issa | March 10, 2014, 6:22 pm
  87. Akbar Palace,

Absolutely. Iran is concealing the extents of its ambition and pkaying Obama fir the fool he is.

Iran is just buying time and reprieve.

A sane policy would be to increase pressure when it starts to hurt not giving reprieve.

Pressure here means economic pressure until the wali faqih goes bankrupt.

Posted by Mustap | March 10, 2014, 6:34 pm
  88. AP,

Bibi is a lost headcase. He can scream all he wants…No, I don’t think Israel’s interdiction of the vessel was bullying. It seems everyone is adopting “Dubya”‘s mantra of preemptive strike. Even king of the sewers Nassy announced that in his latest speech; that his fighting in Syria was a preemptive one. I thank him.

Posted by danny | March 10, 2014, 7:21 pm
  89. BTW Charlie had nothing to do with BBC. It really was the Joos who read my comments…

3issa; who’d you like to chat with. 😀

Posted by danny | March 10, 2014, 7:23 pm
  90. Danny,

Thanks for the reply. I like feeling out your opinion because you’re more objective.

Ok, so you don’t like preemption. But that’s what happened regarding this ship, and granted, they didn’t “resist” like Marion, 3issa and Lilly would have;)

I take it you didn’t like what BB had to say? What exactly turned you off? From what I’ve read from your posts, you and Bb have similar thoughts about good folks who work for HA.

Mustap is totally in agreement. Good!

3issa, people talk to me to find out how deeply racist and violent we zios really are! q:o)

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 10, 2014, 8:17 pm
  91. It has come to our attention that there has been a dramatic increase in chest beating activities among the Hezbollah herds in Dahiyeh and other areas where the herd exists. The chest beating, however, is not in commemoration of Hussein. It has to do with more dead bodies coming back from Syria.

It looks like as if Hassan has fullfilled his slogan to the herd and made ‘3Ashoura’ a ‘modern’ every day occurence in Lebanon.

كل يوم عاشوراء كل ارض كربلاء

The herd seems to be happy following the ‘shepherd’ to extinction.

For you Akbar… the Arabic text says:

Everyday is 3Ashoura, every land is Karbala.

Posted by Mustap | March 11, 2014, 2:14 pm
  92. In other words:

Qifa Naltom

Posted by Mustap | March 11, 2014, 2:33 pm
  93. heh. Not nice to torture A Palace, Mutsap.

BTW. The bibster’s show in Eilat is being referred to his “Mission Accomplished” moment:

“And yet, as the crowd waited for Netanyahu, I heard one reporter remark that “this reminds me of the ‘Mission Accomplished’ scene” – a made-for-TV event in which US president George Bush, in May 2003, woefully prematurely declared victory in Iraq.

The speeches over, the bus, on the way to the airport, suddenly reversed direction and took the reporters back to the navy base. Security guards hopped on board and then, with no advance notice, Netanyahu got on. He took the bus microphone, the kind used by tour guides, and thanked the press for “making the effort” and coming to Eilat. He made some small talk about the coastal resort and said he hoped the reporters would come back in order to see things aside from rockets.”

Posted by lally | March 11, 2014, 2:56 pm
  94. Lilly,

The media hates BB. That’s a given because he’s always right and no one listens to him. QN participant, Danny, thought BB’s capture of the Iranian missiles was warranted, yet, he said BB was a “lost headcase” without offering an explanation. Which has been the BB-haters MO for years.

Just like when everyone scoffed at Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney for predicting Obama would fall asleep at the wheel when, 5 years ago, they predicted Putin would walk into the Ukraine. Same deal.

Anyway, the Resistance Theocrats in Iran continue to threaten Israel. This time, their hands are on the “trigger”. For some strange reason, they never pull it…

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 11, 2014, 4:32 pm
  95. So sweet of you to translate for your new best friend. I’m tearful.

@Vulcan…check out “The Kingdom” latest comment above…That, is actual sectarian gibberish ! :p

Posted by 3issa | March 11, 2014, 4:35 pm
  96. No need to point out the obvious, 3issa.

Posted by Vulcan | March 11, 2014, 4:55 pm
  97. Akbar Palace,

You and I are causing a lot of anger here.
    ‘Resistance gang’ is seething with venoms.

May be because we make a good team. Don’t you think?

The other side is obviously bankrupt with no arguments to offer except raw emotions.

I’ll talk to the Royals and present them with your proposals at the earliest possible. We should expand the team since obviously it’ll be a winner.

And then we’ll smite the ‘resistance’ herd with a final coup de grace.

Posted by Mustap | March 12, 2014, 9:56 am
  98. May be because we make a good team. Don’t you think?

Mustap,

Yes, conservatives come in all shapes and sizes, but we all share a love of “Resistance Professionals” be they the murderous Hezbos, Baathists like Saddam, Bashar, and the late Lion of Syria Hafez, the Iranian theocrats like Nejad, Rouhani and the Supremes, and all the hundreds of jihadists who speak for Allah here on Earth. There is much work to be done.

Today I heard our spoiled ultra-religious brethren in Israel will now learn to pick up an Uzi and defend themselves when the time comes. They’re so upset! How dare the GOI require all male citizens to do military service! What is this, Holland?? We joos are slow learners, but learners nonetheless…

And then we’ll smite the ‘resistance’ herd with a final coup de grace.

Mustap,

We may just have to watch from the sidelines. Just like the Egyptian army rode their chariots into the floor or the Red Sea. Their hatred caused them to forget they were sitting in-between the walls of a vast ocean.

The “resistance” looks like it is drowning under the weight of their own intolerance and stupidity.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 12, 2014, 11:20 am
  99. That is a pretty crazy route for smuggling rockets into Gaza…has to be a Zionist false flag operation, Lool!

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 13, 2014, 2:25 pm
  100. Today’s Key Word: “False Flag”
    (this is the hottest phrase in the modern resistance lexicon)

Marion,

One day Iran will pull the fateful “trigger” to free Palestine forever. Meanwhile we just have pray the Supreme Leader knows what Allah wants.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 13, 2014, 2:50 pm
  101. Interesting how the Zionist troll always has to get in the last world Akhbar, lol,… Even though the Supreme leader is not perfect as nobody human person is, I am sure he ate last knows more of what G*d wants than the Israeli supremist Zionists do..I, like him, want the Palestinian people to be able to live free from Zionist occupation and to be able to freely chose where it is they want to live…and if it be the lands in which they or their ancestors came from, called Palestine, so be it….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 13, 2014, 11:10 pm
  102. Akhbar, maybe you can tell us more about the p, was it 5 dancing Israelis, caught in New Jersey standing on a hill, videotaping 9-11 (thought to be Mossad agents) and than eventually quietly sent back to Israel ? I have always wondered about them….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 13, 2014, 11:23 pm
  103. Sorry about the typos, but I am using my i-pad and fixing them is just not convenient..

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 13, 2014, 11:24 pm
  104. Marion,

Last I checked “Supreme” is an Iranian term describing the highest political office Iran. No term limits of course. And the “Supreme” Poobah isn’t elected by the people. Nope, he’s elected by an “Assembly of Experts”.

And the “supremacist Zionists” strangely elect their own leaders. The people are the “experts”.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 13, 2014, 11:48 pm
  105. Supreme is an English term given as A translation for the Iranian term…somehow I think the Iranian term is probably more descriptive…. Now can you honestly tell me that The people of your country are the experts when a Zionist Nutjob like Nutenyahu, and maybe next it will be Lieberman, continues to be elected over and over again ? I would say your people must be soooo brainwashed by the racist Zionist ideology that they cannot even think straight to elect a decent leader for themselves….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 14, 2014, 11:16 pm
  106. Marion,

Thanks again for dialoging with a right-wing zionist. Your friends will be amazed. And try to think objectively for a few seconds.

Who has done more to protect Israel, keep the economy going in a world slow-down (the shekels has been holding steady against the dollar for years), and even confront the taboo religious exemptions?

Netanyahu will go down as one of the best MPs in Israel’s history, unless, of course, Iran pulls that “trigger” they’ve been promising since 1979. 😉

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 14, 2014, 11:41 pm
  107. AHAHAHAHAHAHA Akbar … As I pointed out before, the Zionist is always driven to get in the last hasbara propaganda comment on any thread… Last I knew, the Israeli occupiers were the ones who actually possess nukes and have been threatening to bomb Iran….and your praising Nutenyahu only helps prove my point about your Zionist brainwashing

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 16, 2014, 1:45 am
  108. It is your people’s racist Zionist ideology which is weakening and therefore destroying your country Akbar…just wait and see… 😉

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 16, 2014, 1:54 am
  109. Hasbara meets the Resistance Pro

Marion,

Israel has never threatened Iranian civilians and never threatened topple the Iranian government. If I’m wrong, show me the link. Israel has stated that they reserve the option to neutralize the threat which means they will target only facilities that feed Iran’s military.

Conversely, Iran is always threatening to “end” or “destroy” the Israeli government and sends the latest missiles to terror organizations who almost always fire into population centers (almost never at military targets).

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 16, 2014, 11:26 am
  110. Guess which QN participant was arrested in Egypt:

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 16, 2014, 6:48 pm
  111. Akhbar, Akhbar, Akhbar stop trying to make Israel look innocent… Half a million cluster bombs scattered around in the 2006 war in South a Lebanon alone disproves your claim that Israel never threatens people and Israeli officials threatening to flatten Lebanon in the next war, doesn’t either… Do you honestly want me to believe the Times of a Israel is an unbiased source of information Akhbar? Lool!

Posted by Marion | March 23, 2014, 4:47 am
  112. Marion,

Hi. What’s the new focus today for resistance pros? Any new “false flag” ops to report? Are “resistance pros” more concerned about keeping Assad in power, or should we be focusing more on the Zionist cluster bombs?

My experience says that whatever arabs do to harm themselves should be ignored, while the main focus should be whatever Israel does. I wouldn’t discuss Assad’s use of cluster bombs. It may make Assad look like a Zionist.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 23, 2014, 1:00 pm
  113. Hey Akbar, how you doing? Long time none see!!

Here’s some good news for you and every one who supports freedom.

The ‘Assads’ (or Lions) have been falling like mice in the north of Syria.

Several such ‘Assads’ have been spotted in the north trapped in mouse traps and terminally bludgeoned in the last few days.

What says you? May be Hassan is next or long-neck Assad (or lion-giraffe hybrid to be more precise).

Posted by Mustap | March 24, 2014, 11:53 am
  114. What says you?

Mustap,

I say you’re right.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 24, 2014, 9:29 pm
  115. These love fests are arguably more cute than the sneezing baby panda…I’m tearful…

Posted by 3issa | March 25, 2014, 3:38 am
  116. 3issa,

Don’t all the resistance bros love each other?

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 25, 2014, 7:56 am
  117. Akbar Palace,

You and I continue to generate anger on this blog.

This is a clear proof that we’re doing the right thing.

Resistance gangs are so hypocritical you can see it oozing through their anger.

In a normal universe every human being should feel joy when an ‘Assad’ is mouse trapped.

But not so in the resistance world!!!

Posted by Mustap | March 25, 2014, 11:09 am
  118. Mustap,

How do you say mouse in Arabic? In Hebrew it’s “akhbar*.

“khamour” is donkey.

Now for the not-so-good news….

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 25, 2014, 12:36 pm
  119. Akbar,

It looks like “khamour” is of the same origin as “7hmar” in Arabic. They both mean the same.

Hebrew changes the Arabic phonetic 7h to kh.

But “akhbar” is not the same as fa’r in Arabic for mouse. “Akhbar” in Arabic means news. If I read it as A7hbar by changing the Hebrew phonetic ‘kh’ to the Arabic ‘7h’ then it would mean a completely different thing. It would then mean rabbis (plural of rabbi).

I don’t agree with the decision to bar the journalist from entering the Kingdom.

Posted by Mustap | March 25, 2014, 1:04 pm
  120. Right, al-Akhbar is an arabic news service. I don’t know what the “7h” symbol sounds like! “kh” is like the “h” in the word “heel” but you close your throat a little more to get the roof of your mouth to vibrate, like when your getting ready to spit!

Yes, a visa for a reporter is such a small thing….

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 25, 2014, 1:14 pm
  121. ‘7h’ is a phonetic that originates deep from the throat (deeper than the h). It sound like a rough h. I am not sure if other languages have an equivalent. Its symbol looks like ح

“kh” also exists in the Arabic phonetics. It is a nasal sound very much like the its Hebrew counterpart. It is also similar to a German phonetic that everyone is familiar with. Its symbol looks like خ

Posted by Mustap | March 25, 2014, 1:28 pm
  122. Some serious “bridge-building” going here. Likud and Kingdom. Promoting peace and tolerance… you should add the Qomist Wilayist peace builders in your choral…you sing the same song of love and understanding.

Posted by 3issa | March 25, 2014, 3:38 pm
  123. Akbar Palace,

I sense jealousy now mixed with anger.

You and I can keep the resistance herd busy for quite a while.

Posted by Mustap | March 25, 2014, 4:55 pm
  124. What a great team. Who is Groucho?

Posted by 3issa | March 25, 2014, 5:49 pm
  125. Keep the resistance herd busy?? The resistance herd should feel honored you and Akbar consider them important enough to keep busy Mustap…. Obviously you don’t have much of a purpose here outside of keeping the resistance herd busy….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 26, 2014, 4:02 pm
  126. Yayy we now have what was missing…The supporter of the Supreme Leader of the Anti Imperialist Evil conspiracy against the free will of the people of the region to obey the Wali el Faqih

Posted by 3issa | March 26, 2014, 6:05 pm
  127. Theresa,

The “free will of the people”? You must be talking about some place outside of the ME or in Israel…

Even the “resistance” pros abhor “free will” like HA, Assad, and Iran.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 26, 2014, 10:43 pm
  128. I am a full supporter of free will 3issa.. I believe you have the free will to support the resistance or not…. It’s your choice…. No compulsion on my part….just because one supports resistance does not make them automatically a non-free will supporter…I guess I can’t stand up for anything in order to be considered as a Free will supporter in your eyes?

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 27, 2014, 12:04 am
  129. Palestinians do not have a free will in Zionist Israel Akbar…only if you are a jewish do you have a semi free will…but if you don’t join the occupation forces when you are of age to enlist, your free will is a different story …

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 27, 2014, 12:06 am
  130. Quite frankly I would not want those who don’t freely choose to be a part of the resistance axis to be forced into it… It would defeat it’s purpose and weaken it…

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 27, 2014, 12:22 am
  131. Must be exam times at the colleges…or QN is scouting at the March Madness! 😀
    Teacher (3issa) leave them kids alone. 😛

Posted by danny | March 27, 2014, 9:26 am
  132. The Double Standard Continues NewZ

Marion,

Really? Why don’t you break it down for us? What does Zionist Israel do to prevent Palestinians from exercising their “free will”?

Near as I can tell, Zionist Israel provides more “free will” to her minority citizens than any arab country known to Man.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 27, 2014, 3:50 pm
  133. Minority citizens Akbar? I guess the Occupied Palestinians under Israeli control don’t count in the Zionist scheme of things…. Now why in the world would you compare treatment of minorities in Zioland, to the Arab countries, in which none claim to be Western style Democracies as Zioland does? and if Zionists ? truly do have free will in Zioland, why are they forced to enlist in the occupation forces

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 27, 2014, 4:54 pm
  134. Resistance Pro “Logic”: Don’t Compare

Marion,

Simply because you are one of the thousands of cry-baby arab hypocrites (aka “resistance pros”) who continually complain about Israel’s human rights record, while at the same time, ignore the appalling human rights record in your own hometown.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 27, 2014, 8:26 pm
  135. Despite all the hot air and bluster from the Hezbo ragamuffin, the Resistance Pros™ keep killin’ arabs instead of Zionists…

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 29, 2014, 6:24 pm
  136. Pathetic

Posted by 3issa | March 30, 2014, 8:24 am
  137. I hate to break this to you Akbar but I am not Arab….and I am not Zionist either, thank God for that….and I am not a ‘Hezbo ragamuffin’,…. But I am pro resistance to the imperialist Zionist plans for the region…

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 30, 2014, 2:58 pm
  138. Marion,

I really don’t care who you are. However, I didn’t know “pro resistance” meant killing arabs. Keep up the good work.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 30, 2014, 4:46 pm
  139. Oh, good. The UN loses a paid Resistance Pro™…

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 30, 2014, 6:19 pm
  140. Pro-resistance doesn’t mean killing Arabs Akbar, unless you are a Zionist who is trying to spin it that way…what is it with you always having to get the last word in Akbar? I think Qifa should check all his threads to see how many times you were the last one to comment, and than post the results on his web page, Lool!

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 31, 2014, 12:29 pm
  141. Marion,

Before this post, YOU were the last poster. Don’t get hung up on first or last. But I DO appreciate your POV.

Just MHO, but “Pro-Resistance” means:

– anti-freedom
    – no accountability (my grievance is “holy” and can do no wrong)

There is no “resistance” organization or even state actor that allows opposing POV.

Posted by Akbar Palace | March 31, 2014, 2:10 pm
  142. See Akbar, you keep proving my points over and over again..you just can’t help yourself, can you.? You have to get in the last Zio-spinned comment… Otherwise you just can’t stand it….

Posted by Marion Mourtada | March 31, 2014, 10:23 pm
  143. He is building bridges…hence the last comments

Posted by 3issa | April 1, 2014, 3:02 am
  144. ….and building illegal settlements, which, of course, is much worse than anything else occurring in the ME.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 1, 2014, 8:16 am
  145. Yes the Zionists building illegal settlements since 1948, in the land of Palestine, while the world and it’s selective so -called international laws stand by is an ongoing crime of the century that has had a great affect on the ME region

Posted by Marion Mourtada | April 1, 2014, 11:46 pm
  146. All US and Western involvement in the region since 1948 that is based on Zionist Israel’s so-called security and right to exist, at the expense of the Palestinian people, and I will include Lebanese and Syrians, seeing as the Zionists still do occupy parts of their lands, while Arab so-called leaders collaborate, has greatly affected the region Akbar

Posted by Marion Mourtada | April 1, 2014, 11:50 pm
  147. Israel’s so-called security and right to exist

Marion,

We wish you best of luck as a member of QN’s “resistance team”. Judging from recent history, this effort has the potential of blowing back in your face. Don’t ask for tisdues or a mop when it does.

And you are right, Israelbdoes have an “affect on the ME region. While arabs and muslims have been murdering each other for the past several decades, Israel has provided her citizens, jewish and gentle, stability, prosperity, and freedom.

Not bad considering the mess surrounding her.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 2, 2014, 8:26 am
  148. Resistance Pro™ work-related mishap…

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 2, 2014, 2:28 pm
  149. Johnatan Pollard is amazing.

Posted by 3issa | April 2, 2014, 2:42 pm
  150. Lolllll notice the Jewish and Gentle… aka the Arapz

Posted by 3issa | April 2, 2014, 2:48 pm
  151. Akbar clearly has a case of the Ziohasbara disease ….;)

Posted by Marion Mourtada | April 4, 2014, 12:58 pm
  152. New Definitions for Common English NewZ

Marion,

If you want to call freedom, human rigjts and prosperity a “disease”, that’s fine with me. Pretty soon you’ll call “resistance” a good thing, even though the mass graves, refugees and destroyed cities reveal something a bit different.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 4, 2014, 4:07 pm
  153. You can try as many times as you want…your silly comparison between the “native” despots ready to do anything to stay in power and the unjust nature of the racist state of Israel…is…well…silly. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

You can keep your morbid accounts of who is massacring more Arabs…keep on…In the meantime Palestinians are the native inhabitants of the land (be they gentle or elected lol)…and will remain so.

Posted by 3issa | April 5, 2014, 7:15 am
  154. Akbar Palace,

I’m very impressed by GWB II artistic talents, particularly in the way he portrayed Putin and his dog.

America has lost more than just a good President by not voting him in for a third term. Compare that to what America has now – a big big si……………….ghhhhhhh

Posted by Mustap | April 5, 2014, 4:00 pm
  155. “America has lost more than just a good President by not voting him in for a third term.” …Gem. Speechless. AP; dude didn’t you vote for him for a third term lol?. 😛

Posted by danny | April 5, 2014, 6:49 pm
  156. Danny,

I would if I could! In retrospect, the US should have kept a base in Iraq like they have in Japan, Italy, and Germany. Of course, politics the way it is, Obama needed to insure an American defeat.

Anyway, speaking of Sisi, do you think the Egyptian military is handling things well? Should the MB be banned again and considered a terror group? It seems to me nothing has changed in 3 years except Mubarak is now Sisi…

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 6, 2014, 1:37 am
  157. Bridge building alert !!! He is on a bridge building rampage, watch your back Danny :p

Posted by 3issa | April 6, 2014, 7:03 am
  158. 3issa;

It must be pontoon and there’s a cyclone approaching. After the music of the “lovers’ quartet”; we are all mesmerized!. 😀

AP, USA is not the world’s policeman and it does not have the right to “keep” bases anywhere! BTW in this world what’s the affect of any bases? what do you think it would accomplish in Baghdad? They have their fleet in Bahrain…Privileges in Qatar and KSA…

As for Sissi. He is another brutal dictator.

Posted by danny | April 6, 2014, 8:05 am
  159. Danny,

Your right, we’re not the world’s policeman. So now there’s no police – every man for himself. 😮 (

Egypt is a.prime example of two sides in the arab world that can’t seem to live together: the military and the devout. Someone needs to bridge this huge gap.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 6, 2014, 8:44 am
  160. Akbar Palace,

We must applaude the recent efforts of the Germans in raiding Hezbollah sleeper cells in Germany involved in financing Hezbollah terrorism.

Do you think the US and other Europeans will follow suit and do the same with the thousands of such terror sponsors of the terrorist group? When will the US wake up to the Hezbollah moles living inside the US and in the backyard(south America)?

Posted by Mustap | April 8, 2014, 2:25 pm
  161. When AP? When?

Posted by 3issa | April 8, 2014, 4:56 pm
  162. Mustap, Threesa,

Obama and his administration are pro-MB and by extension, not very anti-Hezbollah or anti-Hamas.

Obama is more against the Egyptian military and the Likud party.

The US will “wake up” when Israel destroys an Iranian nuclear asset. Right now Obama has bigger fish to fry, like visiting his majesty in Saudi Arabia and trading jerseys with the Boston Red Sox.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 8, 2014, 11:09 pm
  163. Akbar Palace,

No doubt His Majesty must be very wise having rightly criminalized the MB’s as terrorists.

The world as a whole, ever since the era of the cold war and since the fall of communism, continues to owe the Kingdom huge favors for its insightful leadership. I don not believe communism would have fallen had it not been for such insights.

And look what we have left here as a result of Obama’s incomptence: communists in disguise parading as resistance gangs seeking to claim ownership and a share of the Kingdom’s natural resources by telling us they have such rights just because they say they’re Muslims.

Posted by Mustap | April 8, 2014, 11:30 pm
  164. Mustap,

I don’t know. As much as I am NOT fond of the MB, they do represent a lot of Egyptians. And what have they done illegally except go to mosque regularly? Of course, anyone who fights a policeman should be thrown in jail and stand in front of a judge. And from what I saw of Morsi, he’s no democrat, as he stuffed the government full of MBs types in his attempt to make the government a single party.

There are too many radicals in the ME, either from the military, the fundamentalists, the Baathists and every other intransigent political party. Where are the liberal secularists?

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 9, 2014, 7:01 am
  165. Akbar Palace,

When Baathists and their proxies are accepted as so-called liberals by incompetent US and western governments, it makes you wonder why such breed should ever exist in the Middle East.

So why waste effort and time looking for a discredited illusion?

I’d rather consider the King and the other Emirs of the Gulf as the most liberals in this part of the world. And the proof is in the pudding. They are the most successful.

Don’t even be fooled by Lebanese pretenses to being such liberals. They are without exception the most backward, pathetic and hateful sectarian zombies you can ever encounter. The only thing they are good at is acting and pretending. Wearing ray-bans and acting what one is not, only makes that one a joke to laugh at.

Posted by Mustap | April 9, 2014, 11:22 am
  166. Colonel Sunglasses: A Tribute

Mustap,

That’s half the story. Let’s show some “love” for the Russians and Chinese who prevented Assad from getting a UN ass-whipping. It is not just the fault of the West. It is the fault of the world.

Don’t even be fooled by Lebanese pretenses to being such liberals.

I think from what I’ve seen and read, Lebanon has a fairly liberal society compared to other countries. That’s debatable.

\ The only thing they are good at is acting and pretending. Wearing ray-bans and acting what one is not, only makes that one a joke to laugh at.

So now you’re saying the Lebanese are Gadaffi clones? I think the Lebanese have to deal with many sects and tribes, where one is armed to the teeth outside of Lebanese government jurisdiction. That would make anyone nervous no matter which country accepted such a deal. Imagine if this occurred in the US. It would be another civil war.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 9, 2014, 12:18 pm
  167. Akbar Palace,

Are you saying two wrongs equals one right?

In Lebanon, what you see is NOT what you get.

So now you’re saying the Lebanese are Gadaffi clones?

NO! I’m saying Gadaffi is a Lebanese clone.

Posted by Mustap | April 9, 2014, 2:17 pm
  168. No. I’m just saying the blame shouldn’t only be directed at the West. The blame can be directed everywhere including well-armed arab nations.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 9, 2014, 3:47 pm
  169. The lesson we’ve learned today is that His Majesty was instrumental in bringing down the Soviet Union.

Posted by 3issa | April 10, 2014, 3:55 pm
  170. PS: all the Saudis I know are strictly anti Zionist to the bone…they despise the apartheid regime for what is represents and for what it does. Just in case some readers here believe what our resident Lebanese Majesty Worshipper is saying…

And I would say a good majority of them despise the iranian murderous regime and its proxies in the region.

Now, I’m not speaking on their behalf, just telling about the folks I know.

My favorite are those you also rejects the Al Saud backward congregation squatting the country 🙂

Posted by 3issa | April 10, 2014, 4:04 pm
  171. PS: all the Saudis I know are strictly anti Zionist to the bone…

The jews I know will vote democrat no matter how much they piss on Israel.

Threesa,

You win.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 10, 2014, 9:58 pm
  172. Good

Posted by 3issa | April 11, 2014, 2:51 am
  173. Akbar Palace,

The Kingdom, under its wise and popular leadership, will continue to relentlessly fight communists under whichever slogan they masquerade despite America’s waning position in the world, and regardless of who the Jews vote for.

Posted by Mustap | April 11, 2014, 11:02 am
  174. Mustap,

How do we know how popular the Saudi leadership is? Who is allowed to vote, and who isn’t?

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 11, 2014, 6:08 pm
  175. Akbar Palace,

You should know better than that.

An oath of allegiance has much higher value than the mere casting of a vote.

The Saudis swore oaths of allegiance to their beloved King. Therefore, you should know, the wise King is unanimously popular.

Posted by Mustap | April 11, 2014, 10:07 pm
  176. sorry. I wasn’t sure how it worked. unanimous popularity is something the ME has been blessed with for some time.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 11, 2014, 10:47 pm
  177. Zionist AP is now wondering if he was cozying with a troll all this time… so much bridge building wasted lol

Posted by 3issa | April 12, 2014, 6:51 am
  178. Akbar Palace,

Resorting to personal insults is a well known behaviour of communists once they LOSE.

This is obviously due to the fact that they hate to get off their butts and go out and do some real work to provide for their needs. Instead they prefer to dream about claiming to themselves what belongs to others.

We have one such pathetic communist over here whom you encouraged either seriously or jokingly to think he had won.

Instead, he now knows he is a pathetic loser and therefore he can only resort to personal attacks to compensate.

Posted by Mustap | April 12, 2014, 9:52 am
  179. Threesa,

I like Mustap. Anyone who regards the Hizzis, Iran and Assad as thugs, passes the ME IQ test

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 12, 2014, 10:01 am
  180. and what if they ALSO regard the zionist thieves as thugs? (like I do)

You are resorting to insults not me. You are not Saudi, and probably never be. By the time you get your citizenship request examined by His Wise Majesty Light In The Darkness,,, the ruling mafia might already be in exile in the US.

Posted by 3issa | April 12, 2014, 11:16 am
  181. Akbar Palace,

You can now see clearly that ALL this communist anti-Saudi rhetoric is driven by nothing but an evil desire to grab illegally few barrels of oil. But his wise Majesty is fully alert to such evil and he will not allow it to come to pass. Hence, commuinsts continue to delude themselves that the popular leadership of the Kingdom will somehow disappear to realize for themselves an unrealizable dream.

A difinite pathetic loser losing control over his head. He is getting MAD of oil-thirst.

On different notes. What do you think of Jeb Bush as a candidate for President in 2016? I, personally, prefer Mitt Romney or John McCain. Also, on another positive note, a long-time pseudo-liberal thug supporter, Patrick Seale, died today.

Posted by Mustap | April 12, 2014, 11:42 am
  182. He is wise he can’t even think right.

Did you enjoy the latest story about his daughters being interviewed on British TV live from the house where they are held prisoners ? Deprived from food even (as they claim).

And don’t even mention religion or cultural relativism. It’s absolute backwardness.

Posted by 3issa | April 12, 2014, 11:56 am
  183. and what if they ALSO regard the zionist thieves as thugs? (like I do)

Threesa,

Please don’t let me interfere with your much-needed cause for defaming Israel. This is the life work of many people, and I wouldn’t want to deprive anyone of their “raison d’etre”. As long as no one gets hurt, I’m for free speech – just like the GOI. :o)

The Saudis have never raised a hand against those in the region and for that I am grateful.

Mustap,

I believe the Republicans are a dying breed like the American Indian, the jews, and the Tories. There are no good candidates; just a handful of RINOs (republican in name only). I like Ben Carson, but no republican has stepped up vocally with that fire in his belly like good ‘ol Ross Perot. I predict another Democrat president as the US tries to move further into socialism.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 12, 2014, 12:58 pm
  184. Akbar Palace,

Perrot said not long ago “At stake is nothing less than our position in the world, our standard of living at home and our constitutional freedoms.”

Looks like America is exactly where he predicted.

Posted by Mustap | April 12, 2014, 5:57 pm
  185. So “Ras el Abed” is now an Israeli delicacy!??… The Zionists have crossed a major red line, this act of naked thievery is appalling and it will not go unanswered.

Posted by Vulcan | April 13, 2014, 9:36 am
  186. The Zionists have crossed a major red line

I thought is was the Green line.

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 13, 2014, 9:48 am
  187. Lack of imagination by the Zionists has driven them to stupor…Stealing everything we cherish. But they are NOT stealing the Saudi King’s dish lol. 😀

Posted by danny | April 13, 2014, 11:06 am
  188. Akbar Palace,

First, I would like to express my deepest sorrows for the victims of Kansas and my condemnation for the hate crime which caused the losses.

Secondly, I believe only under an Obama administration would a Russian minister (Lavrov) dare to DEMAND from the US an explanation for an alleged visit by a CIA official to Kiev.

Thirdly, also ONLY under an Obama administration would Iran flaunt US sanctions so openly in a Bazaar south of Tehran where metchants sell US military gear ranging from night goggles to Appache helicopters courtesy of Hezbollah sleeping cells in the US and financed by drug money shipped through South America to American consumers enjoying the decadent socialist order of the current administration.

Posted by Mustap | April 14, 2014, 7:55 am
  189. His Majesty should be able to fix that. A pinch of his Leadership with a zest of his Wisdom should convince the American people to stop indulging in the socialist bath that Obama prepared for them. The Wise King should broadcast a 6 hours long program on US TV to explain to these lazy people on how to get to work and actively fight communism. He will be able to draw in his own experience in vanquishing Communism….These pictures of him tearing down the wall of Berlin are just breath taking.

Posted by 3issa | April 14, 2014, 8:16 am
  190. Mustap,

Thanks. IMHO, we jews have more to be concerned with from anti-semitic groups in the West than anything from the arab world.

During last night’s passover, we recited the story of our exodus from Egypt. Whether one believes this is a fable or actual history, it doesn’t matter, because jews, throughout time, have passed through difficult times and good times. Passover seders are supposed to be joyous, but they are mixed with trepidation and question. The purpose of the seder is to ask questions and to promote discussion. G-d freed us from oppression well over 2000 years ago. How are the jews and Palestinians different or the same? Jews, for example, wanted to leave Egypt for their “promised land”, the land of their fore-fathers. They never claimed part of Egypt as their own. Palestinians do not want to leave Palestine, and so forth.

World uncertainty and bad economies always seem to get the juices flowing in an anti-semite. This hateful kook winded-up killing 3 gentiles: a older woman, a kid and a grandfather. How can he live with himself? What brought him to do such a cowardly act? I have been reading a few of these websites, and I am amazed at the level of hate, which we all know, takes a lot of energy. Whereas a shift or break has occurred in the arab world due to the Syrian melt-down, this has done nothing to deter anti-semites in the West. When you ask an anti-semite why they spend so much of their energy on Israel and the Palestinians and NOT on Syria of Egypt, they have no logical answer. It’s all a “false-flag”, “psy-op” or “Mossad/CIA plan”.

I have no desire to discuss Obama. Obama is like a festering sore on your body that won’t go away. It requires the expertise of a doctor, and that doctor isn’t available until the next election. Hopefully, the US can wait it out until that time. In any case, we will not be a healthy nation then.

Regards,

AP

Posted by Akbar Palace | April 15, 2014, 12:28 pm
  191. Best fit for this one-size-fits-all visual explanation for the Obama administration’s Syria policies:

Featuring the tabula rasa that keeps on giving.

Posted by lally | June 5, 2014, 12:34 am
  192. *The “new” apartheid …

*this statement is political in nature and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Qifa Nakbi or any of its sponsors

Posted by AKbar Palace | June 5, 2014, 12:43 pm
  193. Akbar Palace,

Today Egypt was saved from turning into another Iranian bkackhole, thanks to the wisdom of the Wise King,

Posted by Mustap | June 8, 2014, 12:03 pm
  194. Troll alert

Posted by 3issa | June 8, 2014, 5:14 pm
  195. Mustap,

I’m not sure what the KSA did to get Sisi elected. Frankly, I’m not sure who he ran against. I’m seeing a lot of ME elections where the opposition is practically non-existent.

I wish Mr. Sisi good luck and I hope things turn around in Egypt for the better.

Posted by Akbar Palace | June 8, 2014, 8:30 pm
  196. Akbar Palace,

The wise King played an important role in discrediting Mursi and his MB’s that are now looked at as impostors throughout the Muslim world as they should. You see? KSA did not get fooled by these guys as the naive Obama and his naive administration were fooled a year ago. Now the Obamites are tryng to bite their tongues after another blunder by voicing support to Mursi and getting the huge disappointment they didn’t expect. It turned out a huge win to the Saudis.

Mursi tried to get the mullahs to the Arab world through the backdoor and he thought he could fool the wise KSA administration. He was an idiot. The Saudis are the shrewdest politicians in the ME region. The Obamites badly need to go and get some lessons in ME diplomacy from them.

Anyway Sisi, ran against another candidtate, but he was more popular and won.

Now. Egypt is safe and the mullahs are licking their wounds like dogs.

Soon they will be roled out of Iraq and Syria, and they will be hounded just like the MB’s.

Posted by Mustap | June 9, 2014, 1:20 am
  197. Mustap,

There is no question that Obama will give the benefit of the doubt to Islamists like the MB or Hamas. It is part of his upbringing as a fighter for the “downtrodden”. Obama can overlook the methods used by these “freedom fighters”, especially if they are voted in by a majority.

In the case of Egypt, I believe the MB was voted in by the Egyptian people. After a year or so after Mursi was in office, he obviously was trying to create a one-party Islamist state and the people got “buyers remorse”. The way I see it, it was the Egyptians who started the process of throwing out the MB. First by their enormous demonstration, and then the Egyptian army took advantage of that.

I don’t know how the KSA “discredited” Mursi and the MB, I thought the Islamists did it themselves by their ineffective handling of the government and by throwing out all remnants of opposition.

I think the KSA knows the region pretty well, and so I wouldn’t ignore any ideas from the Saudi government. The Egyptians desperately need their economy to take off. If I were the US government, I’d take the jobs we give China, and I’d put them in places like Egypt. The bottom line is the governments have to be pro-American and stable.

Posted by AKbar Palace | June 9, 2014, 7:07 am
  198. ” If I were the US government, I’d take the jobs we give China, and I’d put them in places like Egypt. The bottom line is the governments.”

This is the most profound and far reaching plan that would benefit the US, Egypt, KSA and the whole region. China has proven to be a sucker seeking to destroy the US economically. No wonder, jobs and manufacturing are trickling back to the US after a short sighted attempt to use Chinese labor. Only question is does the Obama administration have the vision to implement such a strategy of far reaching geopolitical and economic repercussions? I doubt it. The Saudis would be very much interested to do their share in such a plan if it ever gets adopted.

Posted by Mustap | June 9, 2014, 8:01 am
  199. Akbar Palace,

There are rumors about the disintegration of the so-called Iraq army built by the US after invading Iraq and installing the Iranian agents as its government.

Posted by Mustap | June 10, 2014, 8:04 am

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )