- My buddy Sean questions Spencer Ackerman’s credentials. But not in a snarky way.
- Middle East Policy Group Survey quotes a State Dept. analyst wondering whether Lebanon should be sacrificed (to Syria) in the service of American interests (via FLC).
- Brian Whitaker reflects on the latest ICG report about Syria.
- Greg Gause has a great piece about non-state actors, over at The Review.
- Marc Lynch produces a hysterical highlight reel of Middle Eastern political players for 2009.
- Washington mulls direct flights to Beirut (I’ve heard this about 1559 times before, but hope springs eternal).
I’ll be out of town for the next ten days or so. Posting may be light. It may be heavy. You never know. I’m tricky that way. You’ll have to check back and see for yourself.
Anybody have good restaurant recommendations for Chicago?